Diet has always played an important role in the way a person wants to maintain his health. Whether it is a diet that will help in weight loss or that which
will help in the growth of muscles or a simply healthy balanced diet that one needs to follow, all these have played an important role in our lives.
Knowing what to eat and identifying the benefits of everything that we eat is something really important to be kept in mind. Wide the rise in the awareness
of quality meals, there are variety of foods that are now available in the market. Let us today take a look at a few beneficial foods that will help in
effective weight loss.
A person who is determined to follow a weight loss regime is asked to follow a diet that consists of fruits, vegetables and lots of carbohydrates and proteins. One thing that is usually highlighted is that they need to consume a highly nutritious diet. But, do we get the necessary nutrients from the food we eat? Are we making the right choice while purchasing food? Let us consider a person who has walked out to buy some fruits. What will he first see? He will walk up to the fruit stall, take a look at the fruits, their cost, and select the ones that look fresh and nice. But, have you ever thought of checking whether they are organically grown or are ripened using artificial chemicals?
Here is where we need to think of. Nature has its own process of producing things and making them ready for consumption. It is during this slow process that the fruits and vegetables get time to produce various nutrients in them. If this process is interrupted with the chemicals that may be injected in them, the food thus will not contain the necessary nutrients and vitamins that are necessary. It is a similar fact with animal meat and fish. You cannot consume meat or chicken of artificially grown chicks as they are injected growth hormones quite early.
Studies have found that organically grown fruits and vegetables and naturally bred animals contain higher percentage of nutrition as compared to the ones that are injected with chemicals. Let us take a look at a few organic foods that one can consume for weight loss.
An apple is considered to be a fruit that is rich in all the necessary nutrients that a body needs. But, it is also a fruit that is grown with high amounts
of pesticides being sprayed on it. Studies have found that about 91% of the apples are covered with pesticides. Prefer buying apples from an organic shop
that assures that the fruit is produced naturally without the use of chemicals.
2. Leafy Vegetables: Leafy vegetables are a great source of all the important nutrients and minerals that a body may need. Consuming leafy vegetables with every meal that you eat the easiest way to flatten your stomach. Spinach and romaine lettuce are among the others that contain some vital nutrients along with vitamins too. They help ease water retention in the body and thus prevent bloating.
3. Nuts: Nuts do have a lot of nutrients and vitamins that a body needs. They have a higher fiber content that prevents one from feeling hungry every time and thus prevents regular consumption of food. Nuts such as Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E and protein that is extremely essential for the body and skin. Although almonds are said to be high in calorie content, a study found that they are not quite responsible for the extra belly fat that you may have. Consuming nuts will help you avoid all the other heavy foods that you may be consuming.
4. Olive Oil: This might sound like a joke! But, yes, olive oil helps reduce belly fat. Olive oil contains a chemical called Oleic Acid. This acid helps in the breakdown of the fat present in the body. Hence a little olive oil with every meal that you have can prove to be beneficial. Here too, there are many companies that are producing olive oil. The one who guarantees the oil to be in its natural form should be preferred.
5. Green Tea: Green tea cannot be considered as a part of food though. But, it is an organic thing that should be consumed to get better results of the weight loss regime. Studies have found that people who consumed green tea lost a little more weight than the ones who did not prefer it. Apart from the advantages it holds for weight loss, green tea is found to be highly beneficial to prevent serious health problems such as heart diseases and cancer.
6. Beans: These tiny power packed beans are highly nutritious and contain high amounts of protein. These beans are known for the high amounts of protein and fiber that they contain and the energy that one gains after having them. Beans have low calories and make one feel full after a short meal and help prevent weight gain. The protein in them helps build muscles that bring your body in shape.
7. Brown Rice: Brown rice in its organic form is the healthiest food that you can eat. It is considered to be better than white rice that is usually consumed. Brown Rice contains high amounts of the B vitamins. It is also known for the higher amount of complex carbohydrates and muscle building and strengthening proteins that contribute in helping the body look lean and healthy.
8. Natural Yoghurt: Yoghurt is known for its pro biotic nature that contributes highly towards relieving bloating and discomfort in the stomach. The live bacteria that yoghurt contains help the body to ease the process of digestion. Yoghurt in its natural form is the most beneficial food that can be consumed with every food. You can prefer low fat yoghurt to prevent consuming higher amounts of animal fat.
9. Fish: Fish is known to contain the highest amount of Omega-3 fatty acids that contribute enough to lower the bad cholesterol levels in the body. It is also beneficial for weight loss because it contains higher amounts of proteins and lower amounts of bad or saturated animal fat.
Consuming these foods, all in their natural form will prove to be beneficial rather than consuming the processed version of them. Although organic foods available in the market are sold at rates that are slight higher than the others, each thing that is sold here is worth the price you would be paying for it.