How Chocolate Improves Your HealthThe antioxidants found in chocolate protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. They also work to boost your cardiovascular system. Some medical doctors now use chocolate as a treatment for such ailments as hypertension and diabetes. One doctor in Ghana uses chocolate to protect against malaria. It can also help people with poor eyesight or who suffer from asthma.These are the reasons chocolate is now being considered as a superfood, and you can get your dose of chocolate in a variety of forms:
- Cocoa Butter - A natural skin moisturizer and cancer prevention superfood that can also increase the health of your heart.
- Cocoa Nibs - A great source of magnesium,calcium, iron, copper, zinc, and potassium. Cocoa nibs boost energy, elevate your mood, control your appetite, improve blood circulation and cholesterol levels, and have been known to treat PMS symptoms.
- Cocoa Powder - Useful in the treatment of hypertension, including lowering blood pressure.
- Organic Milk Chocolate - Made from cocoa butter by mixing it with sugar and condensed milk. Not as healthy as dark chocolate, but milk chocolate can stimulate the brain, increase your stamina, and help regulate the emotions.
- Dark Chocolate - Dark chocolate contains some of nature's most important antioxidants and minerals. The natural cell-protecting compounds in dark chocolate are also found in fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables. These antioxidants improve cardiovascular health by enhancing blood flow and cholesterol levels. Dark chocolate contains high levels of copper, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and iron. Dark chocolate may also be useful in treating cancer, boosting the immune system, and increasing brain power.