Mustard Seed Powder (Brown)
The Mustard seed powder (brown) comes from a pungent and bitter seed. It comes from an organic mustard seed that are shade dried. It is great for making yellow and stone ground mustard.
The powder is great when added to lentil, barbecue, and stir-fry dishes. These hot seeds are commonly used in Indian cuisine. These seeds can be combined with cumin seeds. These are fried in oil until they pop. They are then added to many vegetable and curry dishes.
The Mustard seeds are native to Asia Minor. However, it can now be cultivated across Canada, India, China, and places in the European region.
Aside from its culinary uses, the Mustard seed powder is famed for its medicinal traits. The following are some of its known health benefits:
- The Mustard seed powder is seen as a health benefiting spice. It is very rich in phyto-nutrients and minerals. It is also rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- It is made with proteins, essential oils, and dietary fiber.
- The powder is an excellent source of B-complex vitamins. These include folates, niacine, thiamin, riboflavin, and pyrodixine. These vitamins are essential in replenishing vitamin-B for the body. These help in enzyme synthesis. It also helps to regulate the body’s metabolism.
- Its niacin content helps lower blood cholesterol. Thus, it can help in preventing cardiovascular disorders.
- It is rich in antioxidant vitamins, namely vitamins A, C, and K.
- The Mustard seed powder is also rich in vitamin E. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant. This vitamin is required for maintaining cell integrity. This means that it can help protect cells from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Other than these health benefits, there are also other useful traits of this powder. For instance, it is rich in Calcium, magnesium, and iron.
In India, it is believed that applying the Mustard seeds onto the scalp can help with hair growth. It can even help with intestinal secretion. Thus, it can help loosen bowel functions. It can aid the body by providing better digestion.